Very strange video question (:

This has got to be the strangest thing ever to happen to me. I had an AGP ATI video card with 256 mb on board which I do not remember the exact model number. It was about 8 years old. I have recently bought a flat screen 1080i 24 inch led TV which works great as a monitor ( and I mean great) Eventually the ATI card went bad and a friend had lying around an older NVIDIA TNT2 model 64 pro64 with only 64 meg on board. I almost flipped out to find that this older NVIDIA card was a 100 times better. Now everything is so crystal clear even at 1920 by 1080 my screen looks almost like an apple retina display. even the colors are so much brighter. The biggest complaint I had with the ATI card was poor contrast which I blamed on my TV/monitor, But no more. How could this possibly be? it makes absolutely no sense.

Not sure. But I had an opposite experience many years ago. I had a p2 300 with an ATi Rage Fury Pro (I think) and played EV Nova on it, shortly after I built a 1Ghz Athlon Thunderbird system and had a GF2MX 32Meg card and it didn't look as good as the ATi.

Perhaps you didn't have the correct/best driver installed.

Back