Very Wierd.. Unremovable Virus?

By Raventops
Sep 1, 2005
  1. My buddy from work was telling me about a virus he had a while back. He said it would not go away, and that he tried everything. He explained it to me and it sounded very odd. Maybe someone here could fill me in?

He said he got a virus somewhere and it really messed up everything, but he said that he tried removing it every way possible. System restore was locked, so in the end he reformatted his hard drive completely and completely re-installed windows.

Now, correct me if im wrong but, formatting your hard drive wipes EVERYTHING frome existance...does it not? even special computer engineers would not be able to go in and find traces of something, correct?

If i am correct, he told me that it never got rid of this virus.

How is that possible? He has done this several times and he said the virus is still there.

I am confused a bit :suspiciou help me out a bit, thanks.
  2. puppetgrimm1

puppetgrimm1 TS Rookie Posts: 50

It sounds like a boot sector virus. try going to and use there free scan to see if that is the problem. they may also have the fix.

P.S. Hope that helps!

3. Raventops

Raventops TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey thanks. I did some research on a boot sector virus and boot sector and it makes sence now. I learnt something new today, and maybe i'll be able to help my friend :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.