Via chipset

By Malditohon
Oct 18, 2008
  1. i have a VIA P4M890 chipset on my ASUS P5VD2-MX motherboard. my problem is when i install its 4-1 chipset driver my windows xp system began to act abnormally. specifically, the system lags every 15 seconds.

i format again the OS, then i tried not installing the driver. the systems works properly but when i installed too many programs and i tried running music, the music sometimes lags.

my question is that, is my chipset working properly? am i going to find another version of a driver? any recommendation would gladly be appreciated.

thank you...
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. Malditohon

Malditohon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

yes, my drivers were all updated. i use the uniblue driverscanner 2009 as the program. i'm glad that i already solved the problem. i just installed the latest version of the 4 in 1 chipset driver. the version in my motherboard driver was 5.08A then i download the its latest version which is 5.20A. so i think that solves the problem cause i haven't experiencing any lags in my system.

PS: how can i view the version of my mobo chipset in my OS? is it possible?

thank you...
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

System Specs information
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.