TechSpot

Via chipset

By Malditohon
Oct 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a VIA P4M890 chipset on my ASUS P5VD2-MX motherboard. my problem is when i install its 4-1 chipset driver my windows xp system began to act abnormally. specifically, the system lags every 15 seconds.

i format again the OS, then i tried not installing the driver. the systems works properly but when i installed too many programs and i tried running music, the music sometimes lags.

my question is that, is my chipset working properly? am i going to find another version of a driver? any recommendation would gladly be appreciated.

thank you...
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. Malditohon

Malditohon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 40

yes, my drivers were all updated. i use the uniblue driverscanner 2009 as the program. i'm glad that i already solved the problem. i just installed the latest version of the 4 in 1 chipset driver. the version in my motherboard driver was 5.08A then i download the its latest version which is 5.20A. so i think that solves the problem cause i haven't experiencing any lags in my system.

PS: how can i view the version of my mobo chipset in my OS? is it possible?

thank you...
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.