VIA introduces Nehemiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mictlantecuhtli

C3_cr_L.gif

From VIA Technologies, Inc.:
Introducing the new generation VIA C3 ™ processor integrating the "Nehemiah" core. With its powerful PadLock™ Data Encryption Engine, the new VIA C3 is the first native x86 processor on the market with embedded security features that enhance the protection of sensitive corporate and personal data. The processor is based on an advanced new CoolStream™ architecture that delivers all the necessary performance for running even the most demanding digital media applications while maintaining ultra low levels of power consumption and effective heat dissipation - making it the ideal solution for powering a new wave of innovation in secure, quiet running, small form factor PCs and digital entertainment devices.

Industry leading 0.13 micron manufacturing process
Enables Cool Processing by minimizing power consumption and heat generation while maximizing total system cost efficiency.

PadLock Data Encryption Shield

First x86 processor on the market to feature built-in Hardware Random Number Generator

Highly efficient CoolStream architecture

World's smallest x86 processor die size of 52mm2.

Ultra low power consumption

Industry leading typical power consumption of a mere 11.25 watts.

Ultra low heat

Low heat, so less active cooling is required. Ideal for quiet and silent PC designs.

Clock speeds of 1GHz and beyond

Superior digital media and productivity application performance.

16 Pipeline Stages

Faster CPU speed and efficiency.

StepAhead Advanced Branch Prediction

Looks ahead and gathers the data needs to optimally run applications

Efficiency enhanced 64KB Full-Speed Exclusive L2 cache with 16-way associativity

Improved memory and streaming performance

SSE Instructions

Enhanced 3D and multimedia performance

Full Speed FPU

Additional processing power for 3D graphics, multimedia, and streaming functions

IO/APIC support in future versions

Dual processing support

Full x86 Operating System & software application compatibility

Leverages the richest and most cost-effective software development platforms, including Microsoft® Windows® and Linux.

EBGA/Socket 370 package

Affordable, Low power and small footprint platform
Coolp_L.gif

I'm looking forward to this line. Supposdly it is intended to be a celeron alternative in desktop environments and a wonderful solution for laptops and silent PCs. Already VIA has the lower power consuming cpus out, their 600mhz C3 only dissapates 4.5w, pretty amazing.

I hope they have success with this line.

I love that 533MHz CPU, the one that doesn't need a fan. Its great, fantastic. I'm gonna buy it (even now, when there's 3GHz CPU's).

Its also integrated into a motherboard, with graphics, lan etc etc.

I'm gonna turn it into my personal server, file/pop3/web/ftp etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back