VIA intros $49 Android-based PC, launching in July

By Shawn Knight
May 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. VIA Technologies has been in the business of manufacturing inexpensive computers ever since they acquired a majority of microprocessor developer Cyrix in the late 90s. When the latest tiny PC...

Read the whole story
  2. mosu

mosu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 290

Looks like a test board to me, but without expansion ports.I really would like an ARM v8 solution with more graphic muscle and some expansion, eventually wireless on board.
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

Definitely an interesting little gadget. I'll probably end up getting one, that way my Raspberry Pi and Arduino boards have a new playmate.

I kinda like the thought that I may be able to leverage the Android marketplace... Guess we'll see how it develops.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,492   +73

I would pass on the WMT chipset..
  5. Zeromus

Zeromus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 230   +7

Oh cool it's ATX compatible. Wow that thing rocks, gonna get the Cosmos II computer case and install this into it :D
  6. Only 512MB ram? My phone has more. Make it 2-4Gb and/or expandable and then there will be more interest. Also more storage options than uSD, there is no excuse for lack of expandability if they're designing it to fit into a mitx or uatx case.
  7. These don't require a lot of RAM. Its more comparable to an android phone than ChromeOS, by way of comparison.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.