Victorinox unveils Swiss Army knife with an LCD and 1TB of storage

By Matthew
Jan 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Victorinox has a knack for making Swiss Army knives even cooler by adding features for the modern-day utilitarian, such as flash storage. Looking back nearly two years, the company outfitted…

Read the whole story
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 951   +98

Seen this on CES video by Swifty, very handy and awesome! But wait, if you drop it I wonder if it would sustain the shock or screw up =/

Still pricey $400 probably for like 100GB or so and then $3000 for 1TB :X Still nice!
  3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Yikes... to easy to loose $3,000 worth of tech... and a large sum of data that could be worth even more... awesome, but still too rich for my blood. SSDs really need to come down in price...seriously.
  4. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Just posting some numbers...
    If their TB is the standard "1000" based system (wich is wrong) instead of using the 1024 (wich is correct due to.. well Binary based PC's).

At the medium speed of these kind of USB flash drives it will take you two and a half days to full this Device, LOL. Just because they are USB 3.0 doesnt means they actually can write fast.
  5. Please read before posting, 150MBs on writing speed, gives you 1.8 hours to full the device.
    Considering the huge amount of data 1Tb is, it's a big deal imo.
  6. My next usb flash :)
  7. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 805   +201

Meh.
    I want a lighter and knife built into a cell phone.
    Then I will be impressed.

:p
  8. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

that would be cool...

:)
  9. "Give me your phone or ill stab you"

"No ***** ill stab YOU with my PHONE"
  10. Trev96

Trev96 Newcomer, in training

Considering that they've made 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB versions (instead of 60, 120, and 240 respectively), one would assume that the 1TB iteration would in fact be 1024GB, not 1000GB
  11. This device operates with Zero moving parts (aside from the typical swiss army knife tools). Because of this, it will survive a drop or fall and will not screw up unless it has been exposed to water or an overvoltage.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.