Video card busted?

By RD Black
Oct 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. So, today I started my computer up and everything seemed fine. After about 5 minutes of waiting for my computer to show me the login screen, nothing happened and I was beginning to wonder what was wrong. So, I restarted and waited again. My computer normally boots up in under 30 seconds so this is obviously a problem.

Wondering if it was my monitor, I plugged it in to a working computer and everything was ok there.

As of now, my computer is still on a black screen and it seems as if the monitor is not really detecting anything.I am using a different computer right now.The power light on the monitor is blinking as if I have left it on after the computer is off. Please help

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Try another dvi cord if you have one, or the other dvi port on your vga if possible. I once had this issue, but solved it with a new dvi cord.

Another occuring issue I once had was after updating drivers for my vga my computer wouldnt detect my lcd tv so I had to go through another process to fix it. If you dont use an lcd tv obviously it isnt your issue.
  3. jerry21locke

jerry21locke TS Rookie

I thinks the problem is in your memory card.
    Try cleaning it with eraser and that would fine.
  4. jamesodriscoll

jamesodriscoll TS Rookie Posts: 91

If your monitor is working fine on another PC then it sounds like there might be a fault on your graphics card. I would recommend testing the card in your other PC see if that makes a difference or testing another monitor on the non-working PC.

have you installed any new software on the "non-working" PC recently? this may have caused problems with the card. If you can get a working monitor on the PC then i would recomment updating the graphics card drivers just in case.

hope this help