Video card busted?

So, today I started my computer up and everything seemed fine. After about 5 minutes of waiting for my computer to show me the login screen, nothing happened and I was beginning to wonder what was wrong. So, I restarted and waited again. My computer normally boots up in under 30 seconds so this is obviously a problem.

Wondering if it was my monitor, I plugged it in to a working computer and everything was ok there.

As of now, my computer is still on a black screen and it seems as if the monitor is not really detecting anything.I am using a different computer right now.The power light on the monitor is blinking as if I have left it on after the computer is off. Please help

Thanks

Try another dvi cord if you have one, or the other dvi port on your vga if possible. I once had this issue, but solved it with a new dvi cord.

Another occuring issue I once had was after updating drivers for my vga my computer wouldnt detect my lcd tv so I had to go through another process to fix it. If you dont use an lcd tv obviously it isnt your issue.

Hi,

If your monitor is working fine on another PC then it sounds like there might be a fault on your graphics card. I would recommend testing the card in your other PC see if that makes a difference or testing another monitor on the non-working PC.

have you installed any new software on the "non-working" PC recently? this may have caused problems with the card. If you can get a working monitor on the PC then i would recomment updating the graphics card drivers just in case.

hope this help
James

Back