Video card does not fit... Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently sent back a video card because it was not working properly, and the video card they replaced it with is better than the one I shipped off... The only problem is that the new video card does not physically fit in my computer. The new video card is 2x thicker than the last one...

If there is any way to find an adapter or something so that I can just mount the card in a lower slot and run the adapter to the slot, that would work perfectly... Not sure if there is any other way but thought i'd check.

I have a dell dimension e-510... it takes a PCI-E video card, and that is what I have for a replacement... the slots will fit if there wasn't so much frakin plastic in the way with the fan and the ethernet port (which is right above where the video card goes...

The video card I have is a e-GeForce 8800 GTS PCI-E.

Any suggestions, other than ship this back and ask for the lower grade video card back?

I wouldn't think there is another way, (like an adaptor or something)
Because then you may get other issues

you could break off the network block and get another network card!

No I'm only joking, DON'T do that, the motherboard might stop working.

You need a card that fits (or another box maybe) Nah just a card that fits.

7600 gts arent that big, is the problem that the card is too long? too wide? both?
if the 8800 is too long... then i don't know that you'll be able to fit any 8 series card in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back