Video card doesn't fit

By kzumwalde
Dec 21, 2010
Post New Reply

Hi I just bought a new case which is a cooler master gladiator 600, I have a diamond radeon pci-e 3850 video card, and my mobo does have a pci-3 slot. The vid card takes up two slots on the back of the case. but when I try to put the vid card into the mobo it doesn't slide all the way into it. I noticed that the vid card gets caught up on the metal piece that seperates the 2 slots on the back of the case. I also noticed after I pulled the mobo back out of the case that, of the 9 screw holes the case came with 2 are a slight taller than the rest. Did I get the wrong screw holes, or do they have to go in a certain place so i can fit my vid card into the slot? Or do i have to cut the metal piece out of the middle of the slots, and find 2 more screw holes the same size as the rest?

Thanks for reading and I hope you all can help!
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

I looked at a photo of your case but I didn't see any raised screw holes like I've seen in some cases. Nonetheless, did you use the brass standoffs that came with the case?
  3. kzumwalde

kzumwalde TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah that's what I was talking about sorry. 2 of those are slightly taller than the rest. And the instructions that came with the case doesn't say that I'm supposed to have 2 taller ones.
  4. kzumwalde

kzumwalde TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks It's solved!!