Video Card Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveExistence

Basically I have had to replace my PSU, motherboard, and video card. Thankfully my processor was spared, so I ordered the same model board and a 1024 DDR2 EVGA videocard. Before my computer failed I was using an XFX 512 DDR3 card. I also upgraded to two sticks of 667 Mhz DDR2 ram from the one stick I was previously using - to clear up any confusion I am just using the two sticks in the proper channel.

After installing everything my computer seemed to be running smoothly except for a little bit of the laggy startup that I've always known windows to be good for. However, I am having issues with my video. It will freeze up after a little bit of fluid motion over and over again, and it doesn't matter if it is emulation, gaming from my disk drive, or different types of media video. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nVIDIA driver that came with my videocard (Pretty much the exact same as with the XFX one) and fiddling with it's control panel to set it the same as it was before the rebuild. To my knowledge there is nothing else wrong with my computer except for the audio issue I have made another post about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back