Video Card Messup

By Vassal24352
Sep 13, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I got my "GeForce2 MX200" last year, and I finally got around to benching it the other day. When i compared it to other benchmarks it was considerably higher than the others. So I messd around with it and all, when i finally took off the heatsink and it was actually a MX400 ???? has this happened to anyone else with this card?????
  2. Vassal24352

Vassal24352 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 49

btw it benched at 2987
  3. JAV

JAV Newcomer, in training Posts: 264

What are the stock core & memory speeds? How many mb of ram on it? What brand is it?

I've heard of a few MX400's actually being 200's, but not the other way 'round. :confused: Good deal for you!

Got a link to your bench? :cool:
  4. Vassal24352

the core speed is 200mhz and the memory is 175mhz it's 32mb and i'm pretty sure that its visontek and i don't have a link to my bench sorry :(
  5. GeForce

GeForce Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

The 200mhz core signifies something there.

Fillrate of a MX 400 is approx. 400m pixels/sec. (200mhz core x 2 rendering pipelines).

And the 2987 score (assuming 3DM2K1 SE) is very questionable for a MX 200, obviously, considering the 64-bit memory path would cripple the performance equivalent to almost that of a TNT2 Pro/Ultra.
  6. untweaked

untweaked Newcomer, in training

you are a lucky dog...:D
  7. JAV

JAV Newcomer, in training Posts: 264

Interesting. The 64mb were 166 memory & the 32mb were 183.

I've seen a few MX400 64-bit show up over at MO & the scores w/P4's is ~1500 max! Based on your score > that'd have to be a 128-bit MX400. ;)

VisionTek made their own memory, so if you can see VisionTek on the mem or their V mark ...

You got Riva Tuner: www.guru3d.com ? It has a place that will identify the mfg by reading the serial #. It'll also allow 3000+ @ MO. :grinthumb

Since that conference call where nVidia stated they were sitting on million$ of SDRAM, there appears to be quite a few OEM 64-bit 64mb MX400's showing up in HP, Compaq, EMachine & Dells.

FWIW, my MX400 runs @ 230/387 (193.3 MPLL dbl'd) with air cooling. That's 8-10fps more than stock in most situations.

Enjoy,
  8. Vassal24352

hmmm......lately i've been getting really low scores:mad: just last nigt i got 1875:blackeye: i have no idea what is wrong
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.