TechSpot

Video card or mainboard problem?

By mephisto_007
Apr 29, 2009
  1. Hi, my laptop has experience this square vertical line from start up to loading window... I've tried format it but still no help, I have not installed any new hardware to allow any conflict either...

I've uninstalled VGA drivers and apply new one from the official site but than I got an error (a dark blank screen) upon restarting there will be error as well (dark blank screen, I used to get BSOD but after I have patch the chipset driver from official site all I get is the dark screen) in order to get back in window I have to go through Safe Mode.

Although if I were to uninstalled VGA driver than I can get in window normally without having to face the blank dark screen but the square vertical line will still be there... I want to buy a VGA card to replace but I'm afraid it's not the card itself so could u guyz please help me find the problem?

2. AlessBauer

AlessBauer TS Rookie Posts: 33

video ram problem.. change it if possible (graphic card or card memory chips if you can.) :)

3. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 305

Ok thankx you, will try that and hope it work.

4. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 305

Ok thankx you, will try that and hope it work.

5. AlessBauer

AlessBauer TS Rookie Posts: 33

and? what is finish of this problem? :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.