TechSpot

Video card or mainboard problem?

By mephisto_007
Apr 29, 2009
  1. Hi, my laptop has experience this square vertical line from start up to loading window... I've tried format it but still no help, I have not installed any new hardware to allow any conflict either...

I've uninstalled VGA drivers and apply new one from the official site but than I got an error (a dark blank screen) upon restarting there will be error as well (dark blank screen, I used to get BSOD but after I have patch the chipset driver from official site all I get is the dark screen) in order to get back in window I have to go through Safe Mode.

Although if I were to uninstalled VGA driver than I can get in window normally without having to face the blank dark screen but the square vertical line will still be there... I want to buy a VGA card to replace but I'm afraid it's not the card itself so could u guyz please help me find the problem?

2. AlessBauer

AlessBauer TS Rookie

video ram problem.. change it if possible (graphic card or card memory chips if you can.) :)

3. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 224

Ok thankx you, will try that and hope it work.

4. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 224

Ok thankx you, will try that and hope it work.

5. AlessBauer

AlessBauer TS Rookie

and? what is finish of this problem? :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.