Video card problems

Hello everyone,
I saw this site while looking for answers to my recent computer problems. So I went to bed one night turned my computer off and everything was fine. i wake up the next morning to turn it on and it sounds like a car having trouble turning over. Basically my fan starts up and stopped and started again for three times and than finally started as normal. Nothing would come up on the screen but I made an assumption that it was a power supply problem. I replaced my psu and started it up again. There was no start up problem this time but the screen remained blank. I checked all my cords of course before I did anything. I used a different monitor. Still blank screen. So before I went and spent some money on a new video card I thought I would ask some experts. Thanks for all your help in advance.

ask any questions please Ill try to check back daily.

What are your system specs?

Try your GPU on a known working system and check whether it's working. It would also be a good idea if you could borrow a working card from someone and test it on your system to ensure that the motherboard is working.

I agree. Try what ritwik7 has said. That's the last option I think you can do. If it still couldn't start up, your video card is the cause.

Hey thanks for the response so I tryed turning on again today and its having the start up problem still where it sounds a car engine having trouble turning over. I dont know my system specs down too a T but:
Intel core duo
Nvidia Geforce GTS 240
Windows Vista
4gb ram

that's all i can remember since its saved on the computer... are there any sines by looking at the video card to knows its broken?

Back