Video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a ECS P4VMM2 motherboard, Pentium 4 2.26ghz, 1gig ddr ram, 40 gig hdd
I'm planning to turn my pc into a gaming pc.

i want to know what video card does my motherboard support and what other upgrades do i need?

hoping for a quick responce.

Lol, I don't know what kind of games you're aiming to play with that beast but you're not going to touch anything recent, such as Crysis.

Your motherboard supports AGP 4x.

You're best off pulling a major overhaul, upgrading at least the motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU along with the VPU. At which point you might be forced into upgrading your storage/optical devices unless you're going to invest in an expansion card with ATA host adapters.

Zenosincks said:
Lol, I don't know what kind of games you're aiming to play with that beast but you're not going to touch anything recent, such as Crysis.

Your motherboard supports AGP 4x.

You're best off pulling a major overhaul, upgrading at least the motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU along with the VPU. At which point you might be forced into upgrading your storage/optical devices unless you're going to invest in an expansion card with ATA host adapters.
Congrats on 1600 posts.

denmark1005 said:
i have a ECS P4VMM2 motherboard, Pentium 4 2.26ghz, 1gig ddr ram, 40 gig hdd
I'm planning to turn my pc into a gaming pc.

i want to know what video card does my motherboard support and what other upgrades do i need?

hoping for a quick responce.
That's never going to be a gaming pc but can be improved.
-get another 1GB ram
-you need more hd space but that can wait
-put something like a X1650Pro in (psu limited I would guess)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131070

kpo6969 said:
Congrats on 1600 posts.

denmark1005 said:
i planned to...:) thanks for the help...:)

Err, not sure what it is that you're planning to do, but if you're going to upgrade your system to it's fullest potential with the belief that you can play modern games, you're mistaken (as kpo6969 and I both noted above).

Best of luck with whatever you're going to attempt :).

as just what zenosincks says, if your going to play recent games like C&C: TW, COD 4 or anything like that. you need a overhaul or should i say buy a new motherboard cause your agp slot only supports 4x, usually these kind of games run on agp 8x or the pci-e 16x. 1 gig or ram could be fine but recommended should be 2 gig or more.

so better think first what kind of games you would play. also your hdd is very low. 40 gig? remember that almost all recent games could eat up around 5 gig.

goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back