TechSpot

Video card suggestion for Dell e310

By Ivan James
Jun 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need to find a PCI card for this Dell so I can run dual monitors. Calling Dell makes me want to slit my throat so I would be so appreciative if someone could help me. I'm not too worried about price, but I don't need the best card out there. I don't do any gaming on this computer. I just need a boost to my work productivity and dual monitors seems like a good iea.
  2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

3. Ivan James

Ivan James TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you so much for the fast response. Ordering now.
  4. jives11

jives11 TS Rookie Posts: 112

nVidia 6200

For nVidia cards the best I could find is PNY 6200 PCI 256Mb 64-bit. I have a dell with only PCI and my son wanted to play STALKER. This card is definitely an improvement on the 5200/5500 cards. We can run the game at medium settings (though static lighting) and it's quite good. had some sky tearing problems which were fixed by using the Z-tweaked driver. I see nvidia have a new official driver out which I may revert to. The 6200 also seems to be good for overclocking.

ATI also have a couple of PCI cards, but I've not tried them
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.