Feb 5, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

So what are your full specs?
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

How good is your case airflow? Since that card has passive cooling, case airflow becomes even more important :)

And yes, that temp should be much lower. At least 40-50°C would be acceptable.
  3. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,225

No fan cards i stay away from. I bought a evga 6200 for 65 dollars early last year, it ran super hot after playing painkiller black edition for over 30 mins. Then i bought my bfg 6200 for 116 dollars mid to late 2007, and played black edition and it stayed cool under 56c.
    So fan cards are great, no fan i don't really trust them.
  4. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 843   +11

I having to agree, I don't think I will by a card w/o a fan again. I ended up rigging a fan to blow air right on it, dropped the temperature down about 20degrees, so now it sites around 60c-65c, not too bad. Only problem is the card over heats if it put the side back on the machine.

Sadly, I was going to us that same card in a budget build soon, but with how hot its running I think I'm going to order a new card, and just keep this on as a backup maybe.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.