Video card upgrade for FEAR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue12

Well new fear game coming out soon, i downloaded the demo to find it lags on lowest settings so i need a video card to run it lot better as i currently have the 8600GT.

Budget- $200 AUD (maybe bit over if its not to much more)

Power supply- Widetech 650 Platinum 500watt +12v 24A
Motherboard- Acer ERC410M
Memory- 2x Corsair DDR2 1GB PC2-4300 (266mhz)
Graphic interface- PCI-E 16X
CPU- Intel Pentium 4 524 3066MHZ
Country- Australia

thanks for the assistance.

I doubt you're able to get a card to run fear2 without lag for that much. You can look into getting a 4850, but that's as low as I'd go with that game. Not sure what the price is there, its 150 usd here though.

I recommend this PSU upgrade and a 9600GT from eBay. Should be within your budget and will give you smooth performance on any game, including FEAR 2, with all image quality options maxed out (except AA), at any resolution upto 1440x900. I have no idea of FEAR 2's performance, since I have not played the demo myself. But I doubt it would be very stressful, since its based on the same engine as FEAR with some improvements.

I can run the Game at highest setting with a hd 3870 ( no AA) so i would think if you get get yourself a 9600gt or hd 4850 you should have no problem with the game

Well new fear game coming out soon, i downloaded the demo to find it lags on lowest settings so i need a video card to run it lot better as i currently have the 8600GT.

Budget- $200 AUD (maybe bit over if its not to much more)

Power supply- Widetech 650 Platinum 500watt +12v 24A
Motherboard- Acer ERC410M
Memory- 2x Corsair DDR2 1GB PC2-4300 (266mhz)
Graphic interface- PCI-E 16X
CPU- Intel Pentium 4 524 3066MHZ
Country- Australia

thanks for the assistance.

Go the 9600GT. F.E.A.R 2 runs fantastic under this card.

MSY have them priced at 512M 9600GT Inno3D / MSI / Gigabyte / ASUS
143/143/156/156

i would get the Palit 9600gt from the site because the 1 gig card its just as cheap as some of the other brands but if you want a name brand maker i would go with Msi as its clocked alittle higher and they make quality parts, Hope that helps

Those are pretty high prices. I recommend this card and this PSU instead. About the same in total that you would pay at the other site, unless the shipping costs are greater.

im running my 9800gtx+ on a 500w psu with dual 19A 12v rails. i will upgrade soon so i can run two of them in SLI later on

Rage the psu you linked to only has one PCI-E Connector, the 9800gtx+ needs two, rogue12 can still use it if the Gainward 9800GTX+ comes with a molex to PCI-E power converter

Yes, you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out.

Molex-to-PCIE converters are very cheap though, and can be bought from any local computer store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back