Video card voltages

D

Dalton

[FONT=Segoe UI]I got a question about the voltage of these video cards. I don't get why they don't put the voltage on AGP video cards but anyways, what are the voltages for these cards: [/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]- ASUS 9520MAGIC/T[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]- GeForce MX400[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]- ASUS AGP-V3800M/32M[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]Cards are all AGP and I am wondering what the voltages are on these cards and how to tell in the future. One reason is I have a motherboard that states NOT to use a 3.3v and the bus type is an AGP 8X.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Thank You![/FONT]

Have a look here. - Accelerated Graphics Port

I think you will notice the Voltage is relevant to the slot version. It looks as though 3.3V is for AGP 1.0 that happen to be 1x and 2x. Since your board doesn't support 3.3V, I'd say you need AGP 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 which are 4x and 8x cards

As to the cards you listed there is not enough detail for a precise card lookup. Unless we know precisely which cards to lookup, there is no way to know for sure the exact details.

Look here for card voltage keys. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGP#Compatibility

I still can't figure it out but that picture shows the first keyed slot is 3.3v and the second slot is 1.5v, so does that mean a card with 2 slots is compatible with both? Also the ASUS 950MAGIC/T is 8x and has a GeForce FX 5200 chipset adn the ASUS AGP-V3800M/32M is 4X and has an Nvidia TNT2 chipset I believe.

I still can't figure it out but that picture shows the first keyed slot is 3.3v and the second slot is 1.5v, so does that mean a card with 2 slots is compatible with both?
Yes you are right, a card that has both notches will work in a slot keyed for 3.3V and a slot keyed for 1.5V. A card that only has a 3.3V notch will only work in a slot with the 3.3V key.

Ok I think I understand that a little more now. It gets confusing and like I said before, it would make sense to put right on the card what voltage it is and whether or not it will work as 3.3v and 1.5v. Thanks for the help!

Back