Video doesn't work and possible other problems

By Serenity10
Jul 10, 2010
  1. Hi, I have Aopen MX4LS motherboard with Celeron 2GHz CPU. When I turn it on cpu fan starts, led 1 light goes on, graphics card fan starts. Than I get a long beep repeating and boot led flashes 2 long, 1 short, 5 long flashes, 1 short, than just long flashes. I tried without any RAM and got same beep and flashes. Also I cant get anything to display on the monitor. I would connect it to onboard vga, the 'no signal' message disappears on screen than nothing as if the computer isn't even on. Same results with different video cards. After a min of this I checked heatsink and cpu, both were cool. Can you help please?

Phoenix D686 BIOS
    Aopen 300W PSU
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Look elsewhere on TechSpot for the fine report on beep codes that covers most of them. It is by a TechSpot member called Tipstir, if I am not mistaken.
  3. Serenity10

Serenity10 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did and did some more research online and I'm suspecting it's an overheating cpu. But there are some comments that suggest it's RAM problem. So if I got same beep code with and without RAM in mb than it cant be RAM problem. Am I right?
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Well, how would you get the beep code it it didn't have any memory... because it will not boot without any memory
  5. Serenity10

Serenity10 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I got it fixed, had wrong type of memory installed. Thanks for all your help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.