Video doesn't work and possible other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have Aopen MX4LS motherboard with Celeron 2GHz CPU. When I turn it on cpu fan starts, led 1 light goes on, graphics card fan starts. Than I get a long beep repeating and boot led flashes 2 long, 1 short, 5 long flashes, 1 short, than just long flashes. I tried without any RAM and got same beep and flashes. Also I cant get anything to display on the monitor. I would connect it to onboard vga, the 'no signal' message disappears on screen than nothing as if the computer isn't even on. Same results with different video cards. After a min of this I checked heatsink and cpu, both were cool. Can you help please?

Phoenix D686 BIOS
Aopen 300W PSU

Look elsewhere on TechSpot for the fine report on beep codes that covers most of them. It is by a TechSpot member called Tipstir, if I am not mistaken.

I did and did some more research online and I'm suspecting it's an overheating cpu. But there are some comments that suggest it's RAM problem. So if I got same beep code with and without RAM in mb than it cant be RAM problem. Am I right?

Well, how would you get the beep code it it didn't have any memory... because it will not boot without any memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back