Video DVD sound barely audible

By BKLfarhang
Nov 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First of all, I tried to find this in the forum but no solution was given.
    www.techspot.com/vb/topic34751.html
    So I had to ask.

I have an avi movie clip which works perfectly on my computer. I burned a DVD so as to view it on the DVD player.
    The DVD works fine when played on the computer, but when I play it on the DVD player the sound is too low. Its barely audible.

This just happens to the DVDs that I burn. The other DVDs that I purchased from outside work fine.

Could it be because of my home theater system? I have a 5.1 surround sound system. So I just thought maybe it could be because the avi has 2 channels and the DVD player has 5?
    But then again, I can't even hear the sound when I enable only 2 channels on the DVD player.
    Just a thought...

Any solutions?
  2. BKLfarhang

BKLfarhang Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 34

No one? Are you serious??
  3. BKLfarhang

Can anyone help me here? I feel I've bought the home theater system for nothing. :(
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

If it works fine on your computer, then it must be your home theater system(?)
    Have you tried contacting the support site of your home theater system? They may even have a forum ;)
  5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,364   +167

Hi BKLfarhang

Checking your system's support site for forums is an excellent idea.

You might also try a couple forums that specifically focus on DVD issues.
    http://forum.doom9.org/
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/

Hope you can find an answer! (and if you do, please post it back here as now i'm quite curious to know myself!)
  6. BKLfarhang

Doesn't happen with all DVDs, just happens to the DVDs that I burn
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.