Video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I could really use some help. I am very technically challenged so please bear with me. I recently purchased a HD Camcorder. I have uploaded the videos to my computer and can't watch them. The video stalls out. I can hear sound but the video is very choppy at best.

I am not really sure what information to give you in order for you to help but I will give you what I know.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
System type: 64 bit operating system
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics

Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

What version of Windows are you running? Do you have Adobe's Flash, Windows Media Player 11 and Apples QuickTime installed?

I hate to say it but it's probably either a codec issue (some decoders perform better than others) or just plain raw processing power. When I pull my HDV off my camcorder it can bring my E8400 to its knees and I find myself doing all my HD work on one of my Qxxxx machines. It's probably not RAM or HardDrive performance - probably just actual CPU cycles. Try with an alternate codec (I've found CoreAVC to be particularly efficient, but not free) or test it on another machine with a more recent machine.

If you figure out a way to make this run well on your current rig please be sure to reply back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back