video...input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foozy

So i'm out of town right now, away from my usual computer junkyard, and I need to install an operating system on this old computer I rebuilt from spare parts.

Problem is, I don't have a monitor. I'm typing on my laptop right now, which has a VGA port, wondering if there's any way I can use my laptops screen as video output for the computer. Is it at all possible? Or can I only plug a monitor into the VGA and use my laptop's output?

No, you can't use the VGA port as an input.

Yes, there is software that would let you use the laptop as a monitor (over LAN), but you'd need to install it first on both the laptop and the other computer :)

Pernament

He is refering to remote desktop i'm guessing. I am trying to come up with a way to have a travle size screen and thought of this too. A laptop would be great if you could hard access the screen via an external port. I guess the PC companies want you to buy a laptop for portable use but I really want a screen to go with my shuttle for lan games. Any suggestions on a screen? I really would rather have a half decent laptop with an input video but they don't seem to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back