video memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

escaflownev1

hi i've been trying to get my computer to use some of my ram as video memory(shared memory). In the bios i am able to share a max amount of about 8Mbs of ram as video memory, is there anyway i can change it so it will allow me to share more memory?

i think that may be the max you can set it according to your bios, only so much can be allocated to video vs system memory. afterall, you need enough system mem to run your apps and windows too. sounds like you have an integrated graphics card (bummer). a better option would be to find a pci video card for your system that can be had with more onboard memory instead of trading off for system ram.

thanks

Well i dont think i have a seperate graphics card, but mine doesnt use any of my ram unless i wanted to. it originally used none i just maxed it out to use at least 8mbs. I have more ram than my computer ever uses anyways.

well, from looking at your profile its intel, which most likely is integrated. not necessarily a bad thing. are you gaming any? i guess im trying to figure out why you are doing this memory swap in the first place. if you plug your monitor anwhere other than the peripherial connection slots, its built in graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back