video memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameson653

I recently purchased GTA III for the computer. I am running Windows XP but am having video problems. The screens skips... I can't adjust the video resolution because that is just how the game is and I was wondering if there was any way to fight this problem without buying a new video card, which is a crappy Nvidia TNT2 by the way. I tried adjusting the directX settings down to where it doesn't run Direct 3D, but then there isn't enough video memory, I need 12 Mb to run the game. Help...Can I increase video memory a different way??? Thanks in advance, Jameson653

A TNT2 definitely isn't sufficient for GTA III, but this may be a reflection of the rest of your computer, which also is probably too old for GTA III.

Skipping can be caused by memory, CPU and video card.

All TNT2s should have 16 or 32MB memory as far as I know. Are you using Nvidia's Detonator drivers? The default Windows drivers aren't really recommended for gaming.

I was using the Detonator drives and i have now resorted to putting the game away until i can afford a new video card, thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back