Video of "accidentally found" iPhone 5 released ahead of launch

By Rick
Sep 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A YouTube video in which someone compares an iPhone 4S alongside a purported iPhone 5 has reached over a million views in a single day. The camera footage, which could still stand to be the most elaborate iPhone 5 hoax...

Read more
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Could be a Goophone. I understand why they'd cover up the numbers on the back, but why the apple logo?
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,147   +740

I feel like it isnt a real iphone because the holes at the top of the screen dont match up with the iphone 5 screen video. also the screen is blacker and the home buttons looks really deep. I dont know anymore...
    mikeygolden likes this.
  4. mikeygolden

mikeygolden Newcomer, in training

People are stupid. thats a goophone i5 model. it has a mini usb for charging android os. check your facts, apples not careless enough to "leave and iphone 5" lying around.
  5. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

If thats the new iphone I'm so glad I didnt wait for that. Its the same thing just stretched longer a half a inch and with a new connector so all your old ipod/Iphone related stuff wont work with the new one how fail is that. Galaxy Note ftw.
  6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

DanUK, Lurker101 and spydercanopus like this.
  7. budnik

budnik Newcomer, in training

I can tell you right now it will look almost identically to all the other iphones
    OortCloud likes this.
  8. OortCloud

OortCloud Newcomer, in training Posts: 32

Not only will it look the same, it will also be functionally almost identical. Dispite this (and an exhorbitant price tag) people will hurl their iPhone 4 in a landfill and join the queue of lemmings on the cliff top.
  9. george241312

george241312 Newcomer, in training

Its a real iphone its probably an engineering sample and the numbers in the back cant be shown because it will identify whoever leaked it but theres no way Chinese Kirf phones can have those graphics thta ios has like the fade in and out of the appl logo and + it said I cant be activated ... means there are not activation tickets yet because its not out yet ....
  10. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,366   +261

I can actually guarantee that is not the new iPhone :)

If it is, I will eat all my TF2 hats...
  11. DanUK

DanUK TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 189   +7

Lulz.. you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
  12. Neojt

Neojt TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 132   +6

LOL so from the tequilla bar to another the "Lost " another phone cmon how stupid to they think ppl are just say its a preview and get a life!

BTW the screen is just taller not wider ?!??!! that going to be a weird aspect ratio
  13. MrCus976

MrCus976 Newcomer, in training

Great news everyone, Apple seems to have made a screen that gets darker and loses all reflections when turned on : P

14. scorpionvenom

scorpionvenom Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

I don't understand why people get bothered about all this hype,sure we will all know come the 12th what it really is there unveiling :)
  15. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 184   +6

Before I read the article was gunna say it looks like a GooPhone i5

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.