Video playback pauses erratically

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttus

HELP!!!

Whenever I watch movies either in WMP or VLC Media player, the screen freezes up for about 5 seconds and then it resumes playback. I am completely perplexed here as I have good hardware (AMD X2 6400+, 2x 3870 512Mb Radeons, 4Gb RAM, Gigabyte 790Fx board), I have updated my video drivers to Catalyst 8.3, I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit with all current updates (except for SP1), and I have downloaded the latest Vista codec pack.

There is no way I should be having these playback issues but I am. Because it happens in any media player I use then it has to be something I have missed. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

You may have another program running in the background that can cause this, or you may be infected with a virus or other malware. Do you regularly clean your system of registry errors and malware?

Yes, I do...normally. Vista 64-bit tends to make Ad-aware a bit touchy. For anti-virus I am using NOD32.

I'll give this a shot and as well will install SP1 and see if that resolves the issue (as I know there are some fixes for Windows Media Player).

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back