Video Problem Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC is about a year old now, has run perfect in that time untill last night.

I restarted my computer and when it loaded everything up it looked as if it didnt load the video card drivers.
So I was like what ever and installed the newest ones. When I did this the monitor shut down part way into the install and didnt come back on(usually just flickers a few time when putting new drivers on).

Now my computer gets to the vista loading screen then my monitor shuts down as if its in stand by just stays black.
If i turn my speakers up I can hear that windows is accually still loading just nothen on the screen.

Done this step a few times now.
I have loaded the computer up into Safemode and removed the drivers then rebooted (because it asks me too)
It then takes me back to vista which loads this time BUT... the Nvidia screen comes up and asks me to reboot to finsih the install?? (Thought I removed it ).
So if I do that im back to the black screen with windows seeming to load.

I even rolled windows back to before I put the new videocard drivers on doesnt seem to make a difference.

Right now Im using my pc from the stage after removing the videocard drivers from safemode and rebooting but not rebooting again after Nvidia asks me.
But im very limited to what i can do since no 3d is supported.

Right now I have no idea if I need to format and reinstall everything or my video has bit the bucket.

Please help

Intel Core Duo 2.66Ghz
EVGA 8800GTS SC
Asus P5N32-E SLI plus
4gb ram

Well I got around to formatting my computer.

This didnt change a thing, once I try and install the videocard drivers and the system reboots I get the same black screen after the vista loading bar.

Well I put in a rma with evga and hopefully they will replace this card (and this is the problem)

Okay here is an update with whats going on.

I put my new videocard in and samething once i install videocard drivers I get the black screen after reboot.

Anyone please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back