TechSpot

Video Problems

By santanadrums
Jun 21, 2007
  1. Okay I am having the hardest time to figure out my computer. I have several problems with it that may all boil down to one simple problem. The only thing is I dont know what it is.
    Here are the problems that I have been having.
    1. My dvds are now choppy and stuttering. My downloaded videos are fine but my dvds are cleaned and still having problems. I installed 1gb ram in my computer and everything worked again. I do not understand why I need more ram now when it worked great before. I played my videos and after a while it seemed like the problem came back again when the computer fan went louder. I am guessing it got hot inside.
    2. I seem to be having a problem when I turn on my computer. At times I will turn it off and the computer light stays on but the monitor hibernates. I will boot it up again and only the fan and the light go on but the monitor does not activate..it seems like its on sleep mode. I mess around with it by turning it on and off and then it says "no signal". I then find myself cold booting it afterwards and then everything is fine. This is a pattern that always happens to me. (Turn on, Nothing happens, Cold boot, Something happens...ect.)
    3. I feel this is a heating issue, but why all of the sudden do I have this problem. I also do have a new video card that I installed months ago but it has worked all up until now if that is the problem.
    4. Can anyone help me out with this. Maybe some suggestions? Could it be a video card problem? a heating problem? virus and if so why now?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.