Video quality is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new HD JVC Everio thats records in .mts format but when i upload the video into Adobe Premiere elements 7 the quality it pretty much unusable, any help??

Check settings

Hello,
1. first check video quality settings on your camescope if its the one you want.
2. After, be sure that output format defined in Adobe Premiere elements is HD.
It could be,that for purpose of preview, software shows you video in lower resolution/quality.

I just got a new HD JVC Everio thats records in .mts format but when i upload the video into Adobe Premiere elements 7 the quality it pretty much unusable, any help??
Have you tried straight up playing the video to see if it originally has high quality before loading into premier?

As far as I know , you will get a good quality video if you uploaded a .avi format file into Adobe Premiere elements ,so ,at first , you can try converting the .mts file in .avi format,and iFunia HD Video Converter for Mac/Aneesoft HD Video Converter for Windows can help you out.

is it showing bad quality when previewing video in softwar or once its has been exported (rendered)?
If it is second point, are you sure you choosed good setting and compression?
Especially debit rate.Low debit rate,even on high resolution will create bad video.
Send us setting you are using,please.

is it showing bad quality when previewing video in softwar or once its has been exported (rendered)?
Especially debit rate.Low debit rate,even on high resolution will create bad video.

Agreed - I havn't used premier recently but can imagine that they would preview at a lower quality then the actual export would be. If you havn't tried exporting - do that first and compare the quality after export to the pre import quality.

it is showing bad quality once it is imported into premiere, so i can't edit the footage

but,did you try to make a video and see the result?
It might be, that while,editing,video quality is bad,because for some reasons(CPU,memory,software) it can't handle HD video in realtime.But once done, the video is good.Please send us the setting for your video project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back