Video Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Gallop

Hey fellas,
I have a question about erasing a soundtrack from a downloaded mpeg-1 music video with out harming the video and adding new music to it. Is that possible to do? Can a novice do it?

Not sure if this was the right Forum to post this question but not sure what catagory this falls into.

You can try opening it in video editing software (e.g., Windows Movie Maker). There should be a separate audio and video track. Just select and delete the audio.

XenaWP said:
You can try opening it in video editing software (e.g., Windows Movie Maker). There should be a separate audio and video track. Just select and delete the audio.
I did what you suggested XenaWP, and opened the video in Windows Movie Maker but could not find anything under "edit" other than "Audio" = Volume Control.
Sorry to be a pest but I would really like to learn how to do this and you seem to know what your talking about.

I'm a real fan of the movie Tombstone and found this great video of it but the music they have with it is terrible. I would love to be able to change it.

Any and all advice would be very helpful, thank you.

Ok, I think in order to accomplish this you're going to have to drag all those scenes onto the storyline (timeline). From there, you should have an editable timeline that has a video track and an audio track. I don't have any video clips here at work to try this, so you can either wait til I can get home to try it tonight, or do what I said above, then pull up WMM's Help, click Contents, then look for the topic: "Working with audio." That will give you an idea how to mute the existing track (I think you should be able to delete it too, but muting will keep it there in case you want to use any parts).

Give this a try, then post back if you get totally stuck or have trouble.

Okee dokee.

In the WMM window, go to the bottom panel. CLick the icon that says "show timeline."

Expand the Video track by clicking the + to the right.

On the new Audio timeline, right-click and select Mute (total silence) or Volume (set desired level).

If you want different audio, import it and drag it to the bottom panel in the Audio/Music timeline.

You can't separate voice and music in the existing soundtrack, it's all just the embedded Audio track.

Finally, use the taskbar on the left to save the new version of the video to your desired format.

HTH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back