Video streaming on the net appear choppy and jerky while audio is running smoothly

cherisha

Hi,

I have a problem when i streamed video on the web such as Youtube, the video appear choppy and jerky while the audio is running ok. But I could run the video smoothly on 240p resolutions but not higher. Is there any setting on the laptop to improve this?

Unfortunately I don't have any inspiring ideas, just some standard ones that I can suggest.

A) Make sure you haven't set the battery settings to low. I know on my lap top if I have it set to the power-saving setting than everything runs pretty poorly.

B) Update video card drivers. Usually my first suggestion for anything video related. Or, if you just updated them, roll back to an older version.

C) Make sure you don't have a lot of stuff running in the back ground. Did you download something recentley and then this started happening? Make sure it isn't doing funny stuff in the back ground.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Like I said, it's nothing unorthodox, really, but hopefully it might help.

Which Browser are you using?
What's your WiFi set to? 802.11G or 802.11N or Mix mode?
Are all your drivers for your laptop up to date
Is OS update to date.
When last you defrag the system HD
When last you scan or clean the system for pest and junk files
How much RAM is available when you play youtube videos
Does your laptop do 1080p or more like 720p, 480p, 360p or 240p. To do the 1080p correctly you need 1920x1080p 720p needs 1920x1600 (this varies)

It can maybe be you connection, are you using WiFi or are you running a internet cable straight into a router or the modem?

What about your computer specs, the RAM etc..

Hi, I have already update my video driver, no improvement is seen. I already tried to uninstalled and install the flash player. My internet connection is good. Since my laptop is old, got it in 2005. the graphic resolution is 1024x768p. The RAM is 512 MB DDR2 only. This might be the problem I couldn't watch video with higher resolution. Anyway, thanks for help.

Back