Video surveillance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorturedChaos

Originally posted this in the off-topic because I wasn't sure where to put it. But no one seem to pay much attention to it. So I guess it can go here, with a bit of a strech :p. If not I'm sorry. So any ways....

....my boss has tasked me with finding a video surveillance setup for our other store, unfortunately I don't know much about it, so I'm turning to the wonderful Techspot community to help me out. I was hoping if I gave you guys & gals the specs I need for it someone would point me in the write direction who has had to deal with any of these before :p.

Ok So here it goes:

- Only need 4 cameras
- It HAS to be remotely accessible from any computer with web access. We have a Q-See QSD2308L right now in our shop and I hate the remote web interface. Its so clunky, and crashes IE all the time. And you can only run it in IE.....
- Preferably color recording in the day.
- Being able to get audio would be nice too, but not necessary.

Boss originally wanted 1 or 2 of the camera's to have PTZ, but after some research I think they will be to expensive.

That should do it.

I spent some time on newegg looking over their selection but I didn't really see any that said if they did color or not, and most looked like they couldn't do the PTZ.. That and a lot of the terms went over my head .

And as far as budget I have about $1000 to $1300 to work with.

Thanks In advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back