TechSpot

Video surveillance

By TorturedChaos
Jun 28, 2010
  1. Originally posted this in the off-topic because I wasn't sure where to put it. But no one seem to pay much attention to it. So I guess it can go here, with a bit of a strech :p. If not I'm sorry. So any ways....

....my boss has tasked me with finding a video surveillance setup for our other store, unfortunately I don't know much about it, so I'm turning to the wonderful Techspot community to help me out. I was hoping if I gave you guys & gals the specs I need for it someone would point me in the write direction who has had to deal with any of these before :p.

Ok So here it goes:

- Only need 4 cameras
    - It HAS to be remotely accessible from any computer with web access. We have a Q-See QSD2308L right now in our shop and I hate the remote web interface. Its so clunky, and crashes IE all the time. And you can only run it in IE.....
    - Preferably color recording in the day.
    - Being able to get audio would be nice too, but not necessary.

Boss originally wanted 1 or 2 of the camera's to have PTZ, but after some research I think they will be to expensive.

That should do it.

I spent some time on newegg looking over their selection but I didn't really see any that said if they did color or not, and most looked like they couldn't do the PTZ.. That and a lot of the terms went over my head .

And as far as budget I have about $1000 to $1300 to work with.

Thanks In advance for any help.

2. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,004   +11

3. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 846   +11

Thanks. I hadn't thought about wireless. Was mostly looking at the 4 camera kits DYI newegg had. I will have to think about wireless.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.