Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I hope someone can help but let me first start out by saying I'm very computer illiterate and get very nervous about trying to fix the PC. A couple of months ago, my monitor screen would get a greenish-overlay to it, then switch back to its regular appearance. I can still read the screen, it's just a green 'pall', for lack of a better word, on the screen. I thought it was the monitor and replaced the new monitor with an older one. After booting up the computer, the screen was normal until it reached a certain point in the startup and then it got the green overlay. I've unplugged the computer twice and when I've turned it back on, the screen starts normal and then gets the green overlay.
As if that weren't enough, now today my audio has stopped working. It worked fine last night so I don't know what happened. The speaker icon in the tray has disappeared and I tried unplugging, restarting, and then plugging the speakers back in and nothing happened. I removed the Audiotek drivers and restarted, and the computer detected new hardware - 'Multimedia Audio Controller'. I selected 'Find Drivers', and it tried looking online for a couple of minutes but came back and said it could not find any hardware for the device.
I know people will need more information to help, so let me know what information is required and I will attempt to find it (or ask how to find it).
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back