Videos out of sync

By yangly18
Jan 25, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been catching up on some naruto shippuden recently. All the files I have are in .MKV format, and since WMP doesn't recognise the subs on the video, I'm using the Classic Player. Problem is, I open up the video, it plays fine for about 3 or 4 minutes, then the audio keeps playing and the video starts to get out of sync, like it's lagging. It gets so bad I can't even watch it. I was thinking about downloading VLC, but my internet is down at home right now. Any suggestions, maby there are settings i can change to help?

Also, I do have a virus scan running, but that shouldn't make it lag out like this, since i tried opening it up in WMP and it plays fine, just without subs.

EDIT: Took a look at some of the video information, and it's not great at all.
    Framerate: 18-21
    Sync offset: avg: ~170ms dev: ~365ms
    Frames ( after approx 10 mins): drawn: 6000 Dropped: 1875
    Jitter: 95ms
    Bitrate avg: 23Kb/s
    I also noticed that there are 3 buffers, and the 3rd isn't doing anything at all, not sure if it is or not

so basically what I'm seeing is that it's dropping approximatly 1/4 of the frames, for what reason I have no clue.
  2. ucould2

ucould2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329

3. yangly18

yangly18 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 242

naruto shippuden is an anime series, made in japan, so it has subtitles for all us english speaking folk.
  4. ucould2

ucould2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329

Wiki references "Multiple Kill Vehicle"

Are you eating Popcorn & watching your "naruto shippuden" yet?
  5. yangly18

yangly18 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 242

yes, I found a new player that's better, it works mouch more smoothly. It might have been codecs....
  6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,986   +66

MPC-HC x86/x64 handles MKV (some of the MKVs i have are about 5+ GB and yet i never had any issues) or just about any video format just fine. I think it probably some sort of settings (filters etc) issue.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.