ViewSonic announces sub $200 Android tablet, available in October

By Shawn Knight
Oct 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. ViewSonic has announced that they will be releasing their ViewPad 7e tablet in North America by the end of October and Latin America in November. The 7-inch portable will ship…

Read the whole story
  2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,071   +75

For my money I like the Kindle Fire much better. I just bought an Asus Transformer, so that will keep me going for a while, but once the reviews start coming in for the Fire I may get one as well (assuming it is as nice as everyone says it will be).
  3. I wouldn't mind the ASUS, how do you like it?
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,071   +75

I'm loving it so far. There are still quite a few things I need to learn about Android, as it seems to be quite different from iOS, but I'm beginning to get used to it. Physically, the quality is excellent, and the design is very tasteful.

I do have one gripe about it, though the fault isn't with Asus. Most all of the cases I've seen for the Transformer use a magnetic clasp, which completely gimps the TF101's internal compass. The very few cases that don't have a magnetic clasp are either extremely cheap (in terms of quality), or prohibitively expensive. I've decided that I'm going to order one of the magnetic cases, remove the magnets, and add a snap or band clasp. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to to have a functional case, but at this time I don't see many alternatives.
  5. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

I'm happy to see more 7" tablets getting into the market. I gave my iPad to my ol' folks, and now exclusively use a Playbook for my business/reporting duties. The form factor still allows for great productivity, and being able to keep it in my inside jacket pocket and whipping it out quickly to take notes is just great. I can imagine anyone running an Android 7" would be even happier.
  6. stewi0001

stewi0001 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 306   +18

That cost less than my bionic :/

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.