TechSpot

Virtual Reality: This beautiful Japanese girl does not exist

By Emil
Jun 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Eguchi Aimi is the latest member of the Japanese pop band AKB 48. The only problem is that she, unlike the other six members, doesn't actually exist. Aimi was first…

Read the whole story

2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,577   +47

This isn't a really big deal. They've been doing it since the 60's...Everyone thinks John Lennon was shot and killed, when he was just deleted.

We didn't need the whole "peace" thing anymore.

3. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 551

LOL Benny what

4. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Far too western to be jap. But as the first real VR girl, I welcome you to Earth. This way to my room.

5. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 418   +42

her ears freak me out a little

6. @ spydercanopus

You should research more about japanese pop and korean pop girl bands. They all look this way.

7. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 907   +54

Looks very impressive but the mouth movement still looks a little funny.

8. wcbert

wcbert TS Rookie Posts: 71

Did anyone send email saying the want to marry this "0" and "1" personality?

9. People marry animals robots so why would be surprise if they would like to marry this one.

Anyway this Virtual Girl is not such a big deal I mean they copied real girls characteristics so its not a completely modelled girl from zero.

If they will do that and people actually believe she does exist then they achieved something, but this is only a digital montage.

10. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,421   +116

Indeed the mouth seems funny but if no one ever tells you she is a virtual girl, you would've never noticed probably on the details.

11. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,153   +737

Cool, no need to have real people when invented characters work just fine. The band Gorillaz are animated characters, and if you want to get techinical, Lady Gaga doesn't exist either. She's just a character played by Stefani Germanotti, much like Ziggy Stardust was David Bowie's alter ego.

12. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

They should hook her up to a barbie and wait for lighting.

13. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,976   +956

No Benny, John Lennon WAS killed, it was Paul that was deleted, and only for a time. Haven't you listened to "Abbey Road" backwards in a while? It's right there, "Paul is dead", as plain as anyone talking with a mouth full of s*** as anything I've ever heard. It's easy to prove John Lennon wasn't "deleted", by listening to any of his albums backwards. There are no hidden messages, and Yoko Ono sounds like exactly the same cat being tortured, in either direction.

And, it's certainly not that we didn't "need", the peace thing. It's just that the arms dealers and politicians were sick of it screwing up their plans.
    Asian fashion markets seek out eurasian models anyway. Girls with western genes look enough like asian women to provide strong social identification, yet trend towards longer legs, which are what everybody wants to see in high fashion modeling. So, the girl "invented" for this band, may indeed have been envisioned as a "hybrid" with respect to the parents. I'm going to cite "Kelly Hu" as a classic example of eurasian eugenic triumph! (Although her success has mostly been stateside).
    Yeah but, "Alice Cooper" really exists...!

14. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Read this two days ago on Facepunch. It's pretty cool and...creepy.

15. "This beautiful Japanese girl does not exist"

That really is a shame...

16. They more or less copied this concept from the movie "S1m0ne" starring Al Pacino.
    From IMDB, "A producer's film is endangered when his star walks off, so he decides to digitally create an actress to substitute for the star, becoming an overnight sensation that everyone thinks is a real person. "

17. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TS Enthusiast Posts: 104

Actually, Alice Cooper is really Vincent Damon Furnier.

18. captaincranky

In light of this:
    I would argue WAS Vincent Damon Furnier, but IS, Alice Cooper.

I am adopted, with my name being legally changed at birth. I have no mandate or legal recourse to undertake any business under my birth name. So, as "Popeye the Sailor" says, "I am who I am".

19. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,577   +47

Very subtle, and very good i might add ;)

Well Sir, I stand corrected. Although it can be quite difficult to listen to any Beatles track thanks to all that bashing Ringo does.

You know, in another universe, Ringo might have actually been a really good drummer...

20. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 417   +40

Lara Croft isn't real either... doesn't stop peoples obsession though.

21. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Ira Scible?

22. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

Has anyone introduce her to Anthony Weiner yet? Could be the perfect cyber match. At least she can't give press interviews (well, i don't think....)

23. captaincranky

Neither is Pamela Anderson, that doesn't stop people from obsessing over her.

So see, it doesn't really matter what you make fake breasts out of, pixels or silicone, people will love you for them just the same.

Don't be ridiculous. My birth name was rather much more majestic and old worldly. (As is my new name, "captaincranky"). I'm real goddamnit....! (Shakes his cane at you for being a smart a**).

24. shes real, but some rich guy wanted her for himself and made it look like she was computer generated

25. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Menelaus Thistlebottom-St. Giles y Rodriquez III?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.