Virus: Done everything I can, and I cant fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azki

Hey all, ive got a virus, i Think, my MSN right, when i open it, i have to enter my username and password. and so i click on username, and the second i press a key, it freezes for a few seconds, then the letter shows up, and after entering my username and password, i click sign in, and straight away it says that the msn service isnt available and to try again later, Also, i cant access User Accounts, i click control panel, user accounts, and a blank window opens up titled, user accounts, and a bunch of Internet Explorer Script errors pop up with no info on them, just Yes or No and i have to spend like 5 minutes clicking " X " on each of them till there all gone, Whats wrong?!? ive scanned with HiJackThis, AVG. and Adaware, and still after removing all that showed up whilst in safe mode,i log back into windows, and yet the problems persist? i havnt downloaded anything in ages, except HL2:EP2 last night, but that was thru steam so i trust that wasnt the cause of all this, Please help!! i need my PC fixed by tonight!

All Help Apreciated!

Probably not going to get to the root of anything by tonight if you've already had poor luck with scans. Back your critical data up and reinstall the OS. You'll be back in business before tonight, and it'll probably be less stressful :).

Zenosincks said:
Probably not going to get to the root of anything by tonight if you've already had poor luck with scans. Back your critical data up and reinstall the OS. You'll be back in business before tonight, and it'll probably be less stressful :).

Thanks, but i cant reinstall my OS, i dont have the disk!

Sorry to hear that :(.

You can try completing this guide. Attach all requested logs to your next post :).

Well, good luck to you, and hopefully you manage to figure something out by tonight.

Try looking in services. type services.msc in run, or search if you have vista. Read through the services and see if you have anything that shouldn't be diabled, or odd. Be careful what you do though. You could end up breaking something.

ive scanned with HiJackThis, AVG. and Adaware, and still after removing all that showed up whilst in safe mode,i log back into windows, and yet the problems persist?
What did you fix in HJT?

NVM, I think your browser is routed to an unknown proxy. It's 216.129.105.10:8080
When you go to a site like google/yahoo.com, you'll notice it saying opening page "http:\\216.129.105.10...". open regedit.exe and navigate to

H..._C..._U.../Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

and delete the proxy server folder, or the key(right side of the screen) that says 216.129.105.10:8080.

Sorry if this doesn't help. Also, be CAREFUL in regedit. It could REALLY mess up your computer if you delete anything wrong. Good luck :) .

Minimum damage:Nothing
Maximum damage:Reinstall windows
0.41% chance of frying your computer.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Reboot into normal mode.

Download HostsXpert v4.1 and unzip it to your computer, somewhere where you can find it.
  • Double click on HostsXpert.exe to launch the program.
  • Click on Restore MS Hosts File to restore your Hosts file to its default condition.
  • Click on Make ReadOnly to secure it against further infection.
  • Exit the program.

A lot of things in HJT are harmless so you should be very careful as to what you fix, post a log and ill have a look through it.

It could also be a fake msn messenger. I had a similar problem. Go to:
techspot open boards» OS & software» security and the web. Look for the subject: Windows XP on laptop running slow, more like walking slow. Hijackthis log included.
After this look for RealBlackStuff´s first post. Try to do what he says and it might work. It worked for me. Just downloaded Windows Live Messenger from http://get.live.com/messenger/overview and everything´s ok now. Hope this works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back