Virus Locking my TaskMgr and causing Pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryllt

Well i'm smart enough to know that I got something bad on my computer atm. The Virus(s) that are on my computer are causing my Task Manager to give me a message saying "The Administrator has disabled Task Manager". I went into the registry and deleted DisableTaskMgr but it instantly shows up again.

Second problem is that I am getting Pop-Ups for "Windows Security Center" saying that i have malware on my computer and that I should download the latest program.

Thirdly the Virus(s) keeps changing my desktop background to a screen that says I have Malware and should download their program.

Fourth is that my system restore is not working saying that it could not restore it to the previous date.

All of this is happening while I am NOT connected to the internet.

The things i've tried are:
Norton Full System Scan (Isn't picking up the viruses)
Delete Temporary Internet Files
System Restore
Restarting (Don't know why it would work, but tried anyway)

Please help me if you can. If I can't find anything to get rid of them i'm going to have to do a Full System Restore and i don't really want to. Thanks

For ""The Administrator has disabled Task Manager":

This error is caused if the DisableTaskMgr restriction is enabled. If this restriction was enabled in your system without you doing anything or without your knowledge, then it's highly likely that a Virus has blocked the usage of Task Manager in your system by enabling the DisableTaskMgr policy via the registry.

To enable Task Manager, try one of these methods:-You can try using Method 1,2 or 3 on the following site:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Just in case it was disabled accidentally by user and not virus.

I've seen a few infections like this recently. What exactly is your desktop saying word for word -> I would still follow the link to the sticky that zenosticks posted above I am just curious.

Blind Dragon said:
I've seen a few infections like this recently. What exactly is your desktop saying word for word -> I would still follow the link to the sticky that zenosticks posted above I am just curious.

Zenosticks eh? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back