virus / malware / trojan worm problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a serious problem and have had no success repairing it. I have XP. When I run Ad-aware my PC reboots when the scan gets to the registry - GUID. I have McAfee anti-virus, AVG spyware, have downloaded Adaware and RegCure. I have tried to eliminate problems through registry editing with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I'm ready to give up and reformat.

Here is my Hijack Log:

Moderator Edit: Please post your HijackThis log as an attachment to this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Hi drrock75 and welcome to techspot. =)

Very Important: Malware infections may possibly lead to identity theft, loss of funds from bank accounts, misuse of credit card information etc. Therefore I strongly encourage you to read this thread HERE before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of drrock75 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back