TechSpot

Virus problem.

By pogo182
Jul 16, 2006
  1. OK i'm having the same problem, so i finally got the guts to download some programs like hjt and killbox to fix my comp.

I tried doing the HJT thing in safe mode, then killbox (there was only one thing to delete in HJT). When i tried to do the kill box thing, as it was scaning reg to restart, i got this "
    PendingFileRenameOperations Registry Data has been Removed by External Process!
    " then i load my computer and it still has the bgates virus. Can you help me? i didn't download those other programs you linked too. Also, why can't norton just get rid of it!?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I need you to post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment. See HERE for instructions.

Norton is complete crap at stopping viruses etc, but we can deal with that later.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

I have just deleted your post in security and the web forum.

The reason I moved your original post to it`s own thread, was to avoid any confusion.

Please follow the instructions I have given you and post in this thread. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.