Visioneer 882 usb scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new xp with a visioneer 8820 usb and an epson c60 printer . got the new download form visioneer for scanner to make it compatable . everything works good except can't print what i scan . can print online line and scan into computer but then get a message that scanner can't locate printer . HELP PLEASE !!! , Jerome

Are you using any particular software to scan into to print such as photoshop etc or are you trying to print from the scanner's own scan interface ? have you tried locating the printer from the scanner interface properties it may need configuring, it's not always done automatically.

Thanks for your quick reply Terranova . i am using the softscan supplied software . Yes I have tried configuring the scanner to the printer .It appears to configure but still won't work . one note ; at first the 8820 wasn't compatable to my new XP but I downloaded upgrade form Visioneer . could that still be the problem ? Thanks , Jerry

Is the driver for the printer an uptodate XP driver, or one from a different OS such as 98, ME etc, both the the scanner and the printer drivers need to be XP for both to work together, If both are XP then re-installing both the scanner and printer, install the printer first then the scanner see if it works then.

Thanks again Terranova, Yes the printer is an uptodate . It is compatible with the XP . I will try removing them both and then re-installing the printer first . Thanks , Jerry

scanner / printer problem

Hi, This is Jerome aka, Jerry . I tried as you suggested and it worked great . i guess i had installed scanner first and created a bad link ..THANKS !!!!!!! Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back