TechSpot

visioneer 882 usb scanner

By jerome
Feb 2, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a new xp with a visioneer 8820 usb and an epson c60 printer . got the new download form visioneer for scanner to make it compatable . everything works good except can't print what i scan . can print online line and scan into computer but then get a message that scanner can't locate printer . HELP PLEASE !!! , Jerome
  2. Terranova

Terranova TS Rookie Posts: 38

Are you using any particular software to scan into to print such as photoshop etc or are you trying to print from the scanner's own scan interface ? have you tried locating the printer from the scanner interface properties it may need configuring, it's not always done automatically.
  3. jerome

jerome TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your quick reply Terranova . i am using the softscan supplied software . Yes I have tried configuring the scanner to the printer .It appears to configure but still won't work . one note ; at first the 8820 wasn't compatable to my new XP but I downloaded upgrade form Visioneer . could that still be the problem ? Thanks , Jerry
  4. Terranova

Terranova TS Rookie Posts: 38

Is the driver for the printer an uptodate XP driver, or one from a different OS such as 98, ME etc, both the the scanner and the printer drivers need to be XP for both to work together, If both are XP then re-installing both the scanner and printer, install the printer first then the scanner see if it works then.
  5. jerome

Thanks again Terranova, Yes the printer is an uptodate . It is compatible with the XP . I will try removing them both and then re-installing the printer first . Thanks , Jerry
  6. jerome

scanner / printer problem

Hi, This is Jerome aka, Jerry . I tried as you suggested and it worked great . i guess i had installed scanner first and created a bad link ..THANKS !!!!!!! Jerry
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.