Visiontek radeon hd2600 pro agp 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this card to replace my ati radeon 9550 agp. My mobo supports 8x/4x (so they say) and when ever i install the card i cant get the computer to post. I have all the requirements for the card. my mobo is an abit va-10 (yes its older) with the latest chipset drivers (VIA KM400 chipset) and BIOS (v19). when i enter the BIOS is will only let me set agp voltage to 1.5, 1.55, 1.6, and 1.65, but not the 0.8 i need to make it agp 8x. Does anyone know what i could do to solve this problem??? Thanks

That dosen't sound like AGP 8X Voltages,... You better buy a new motherboard soon because they are becoming increasingly harder to find and more expensive.

Yes, they sound more like CPU core voltages. Don't waste much time on this DJKloz... as Stick says, motherbords that support AGP anything are soon to be obsolete

Thanks all for the input, i fear you are all right, only problem is to upgrade my mobo will mean a whole new computer since socket A mobo's are now an endagered species :(. But on the up side, i finally have a good excuse to build new system!! Again thanks!

My Gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH motherboard is already obsolete and its on-board NIC was destroyed by a power outage a month ago. I bought a Sapphire Radeon HD2600 Pro in November as an upgrade to my old Sapphire Radeon 9600XT video card. The Radeon HD2600 has performed pretty well (Sapphire drivers are not too good), but I'm thinking of upgrading again, to a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard, 2GB DDR2, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU and a MSI Geforce 8600GTS PCI-e vodeo card soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back