Vista-Black screen on boot up, wont recognize external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQRugby

Hey everyone,
Well last night I was just enjoying my new computer when the power went off in my house for a second, the power immediately came back on and then.... of course, the same thing happened. No lightning, not even any clouds.
My computer is connected to a brand new (about a week old) cyber power surge protector so I figured everything was ok, when I tried to boot my compuer up again it went trough all of its tests and then a black screen....... I left it for about 10 minutes until I got frusterated and turned it off. I was able to boot up in safe mode but it took forever. I tried a system restore (why not) and then when I restarted I had to wait at the black screen for about 5 minutes and then it booted up.
I have to go through this everytime now and sometimes I have a problem shutting down.
Once everything boots up everything in windows works fine eccept it wont recognize my external hard drive. I can hear that the computer sees it but it wont come up!?!
Do you think that it is a hardware issue now or is it the mobo, or something else? I just dont know! It is wierd that windows still functions fine once it is up....
Could anyone PLESE give me any advice on the situation! Im not exactly an expert when it comes to this so I am completely lost:confused:

Thank you!

Hi

let if fail and then take it back to where you got it from , assuming its a new PC it should have warranty with it.

Regards

Well the problem is I built it myself so I cant take it back :dead: BUT!

I got it fixed so no harm done! I reset the CMOS.....nothing, so then I started thinking maybe its the memory. I have 2x2GB sticks so I took one out, booted up just fine! I then put the second stick in the first sticks slot and the first stick in the second sticks slot and worked great!:confused: recognized my hard drive and has been working great for a day now!
:chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back