Vista Blue Screen of Death

By candysweet26
Nov 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys. I'm new to the form and would like to pose a question. I have Windows Vista Home Premuim 32-bit. I'm running Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHz, 3070 MB Ram. I believe my pc was hit by a virus so I formatted the drive. The only external device hooked up is my external hard drive and I have only installed 2 programs plus updates for windows. My pc is now intermittently dumping my memory. This is the error that comes up after manually restarting the pc.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 9f
    BCP1: 00000003
    BCP2: 874D7030
    BCP3: 87D553D0
    BCP4: 85B74A70
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111108-03.dmp
    C:\Users\Becky\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34585-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Becky\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA5FE.tmp.version.txt

If anyone has any ideas for me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
  2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

How are you connected to the internet? A common cause is a wireless driver. Post one of the minidumps form c:\windows\minidump.
  3. candysweet26

candysweet26 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for you quick response. Right now I am connected via a RJ45. I do have a onboard wireless card. I will disable it and see if the system becomes more stable. Thanks again for the information.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.