Vista: Blue Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhalilChatila

Hello there, I've spent the past 2 days reading up articles of people with the same problems, yeilding no resutls :(.

Im not sure what to post for setup so here it goes:
ACPI x86-based PC
desktop board (either: Intell DP35DP or Intell DG33TL)
3.00 Ghz core 2 duo intell
4 gb DDR2 RAM (I have 4 sticks of 2gig DDR2)
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT
Intel (R) 82566DC-2 gigabit network connection
WDC WD5000AAJS-00A8B0 ATA Device 500g
HL - DT- ST DVDRAM GH20NS10

This same problem always occurs :(

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 01000014
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8F19E569
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010609-04.dmp
C:\Users\Khalil\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-166328-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Khalil\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB694.tmp.version.txt

Thank you.

0xD1 errors are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software but at this point there isn't enough information to go on. When your system Blue Screens does it mention a diver after the 0x0000000D1 code?

Have you downloaded anything recently such as new drivers or installed/upgraded software?

yeah, i downloaded multiple drivers, i just reformatted and reinstalled vista.
For the driver part, everytime i get the error, i see something about a driver then like a code with numbers letter and "-". its just too fast for me to write down or memorize. Any ideas how i can get it ?

ok i found out how to disable automatic restart, ill write it down after it occurs again i guess :S. Anything else i should do?

I would have answered sooner but for some reason logging into Techspot freezes before I am able to get in.

1. You WANT your system to restart. I am not sure you want to fool with that.

2. How to find minidumps: My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need to read. If you have 5 or more you can Zip five together and attach to you next post. There is an attachment button provided. These will give us error code and possible culprit to your issues.

The drivers i have are mainly from CDs that came with the computer, along with windows Vista online updates. However to let you guys know. I downloaded a vista hotfix to fix ingame latency issues in "World of warcraft". Just incase you guys needed to know. I also moved world of warcraft by USB from another PC to mine, along with Warcraft 3, they dont have registry entries. Do you think that that could be the issue? I also have about 3 anti virus programs, 2 firewalls, and 1 spyware program.

Warcraft 3 is not a problem because warcraft only copy his files to the destination folder and don't have registry issues with it, so that not the problem.

Where did you download the hotfix?

Also why do you need 3 Antivirus, 2 friewalls, only one of each is largely sufficient for your PC. Sometimes when you have two or more Anitvirus and firewall working together it may cause some problem to the computer. So leave only one of each. What do you have as Antivirus and Firewall?

My antiviruses:
AVG registered
Norton Antivirus registered

Spyware:
Spyware doctor, Threatfire

Extras: PC tools firewall Plus, Windows vista firewall & windows defender.

PC tools threatfire
PC tools registry mechanic

(the reason i have this many programs for protection is because my World of Warcraft account was hacked recently, just dont want it to happen again :()

"To get low pings with 2 simple registry hacks do the following. You need to apply both registry changes to get the maximum effect.

1 - TcpAckFrequency - NOTE if you are running Windows Vista this setting may not have any effect - a hotfix is needed which i'm tracking down. This works fine under Windows XP "

Top post from:
From http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...CAAEE3A583A.app09_04?topicId=3190841677&sid=1

I did this on my old OS, it was XP though not vista. It worked perfectly fine, i have some people too who use this registry hack on vista and it works fine.

I found this hotfix and i downloaded it, then i entered the TcpAckFrequency in my registry.

This is the link where i downloaded the hotfix "Vista Pre SP1 download hot fix: http://mattgadient.com/2007/12/13/kb935458-v2-vista-hotfix-for-tcpackfrequency/
"

The minidumps are posted up top incase needed

Well here your problem: You should run no more than one anti-virus, one firewall, and one anti-spyware programs at any time. The softwares are conflicting with each other. This is where your driver conflicts are coming into play.

My Suggestions:

1. Uninstall Norton. It is a system resource hog. Here is the thing, even if you uninstall it it still leaves remnants behind of itself. You must go to their website and utilize their free utility to make sure your version is truly fully uninstalled.

2. Keep AVG if you like but the latest editions have caused some real headaches. It is a shame too because AVG used to be very good. Advast and Anti-vir make great free versions. Good paid versions are Kaspersky and NOD32.

3. Keep Threatfire. SUPERantispyware has a great free spyware/malware program version if you so desire.

4. Vista firewall is fine but I can't tell you anything about Defender.

* Do you have a router? A router is your first, best defense for protection.

Yeah do that Route44 mentioned you to do.

Too many Antivirus, firewall working on the same background may lot of conflict and as Route44 a router is the best defence you may have, it is like the two best firewall working together.

Do you know how to access your router administration panel?

Normally for most router it is 192.168.1.1 on the browser and the login is admin, same for the password.

Then when inside click on Firewall - Policies and just check if your firewall is on. (if it is you should get an option to disable it, then you know it is enable, but don't click on it)

no, its connected direclty through local area connections. i have no password or admin :S. its just a little machine directly connected to my PC, no wireless stuff on it

Then it isn't a router but just an DSL modem. Keep only one antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware on your PC. Do that Route44 told you to do before.

Route44 wrote:
Well here your problem: You should run no more than one anti-virus, one firewall, and one anti-spyware programs at any time. The softwares are conflicting with each other. This is where your driver conflicts are coming into play.

My Suggestions:

1. Uninstall Norton. It is a system resource hog. Here is the thing, even if you uninstall it it still leaves remnants behind of itself. You must go to their website and utilize their free utility to make sure your version is truly fully uninstalled.

2. Keep AVG if you like but the latest editions have caused some real headaches. It is a shame too because AVG used to be very good. Advast and Anti-vir make great free versions. Good paid versions are Kaspersky and NOD32.

3. Keep Threatfire. SUPERantispyware has a great free spyware/malware program version if you so desire.

4. Vista firewall is fine but I can't tell you anything about Defender.

well, i bought Spyware Doctor, and Threatfire was an additional option with it. i selected it, can i use them both? and the spyware doctor that i have is WITH anti Virus (Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus)

Yeah you can use them both but one will not be active everytime. Use one only for manual scanning and the other one active for real time scanning.

1 last question

At the moment this is what i have:

PC tools:

Spyware Doctor With Antivirus
Threatfire
Registry Mechanic
PC tools Firewall Plus

Windwos Vista:

Windows Firewall
Windows Defender

I have AVG ready to install (registered) should I install? or am I completely fine now? I also uninstalled Norton Antivirus.

ok, thanks!!! Ill keep you posted if anything happens, but at the moment I've been running for about 3 hours with no errors, which is good :D

I hope it stays like this :p

And if you want, i was thinking of replacing my 8800 GT with a 9800 or better VGA. My question regarding this is wether i should get another 8800 GT and SLI it, or get a better VGA. Incase you want to answer something else :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back