Vista BSOD - 1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am getting the following error message several times a week and window error message - Graphic card driver (Atikmdag) has stopped responding and has successfully recovered

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C000001D
BCP2: 820609D5
BCP3: BDAB4C10
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Already installed the latest driver.. any suggestion on how to reslove this problem?
Many thanks

P.S. I don't get this message during gaming, only in window environment.

If you look in C:\WINDOWS\minidump and you are getting a BSOD there should be .DMP files in there. If you attach 3-4 of the most recent ones to your next reply in this thread we will be more than happy to look them over for you and help you diagnose this issue.

Minidump 111608-01, 111608-02
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
Probably caused by : hardware ( atikmdag+93eb8 )

Possible solution

Download driver cleaner pro from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 install it, go here and read over this thread http://www.driverheaven.net/windows...stalling-installing-ati-drivers-properly.html ..print it out if you need to have reference material. One option that the guide doesn't mention a lot about is the cab cleaner feature. Once you have cleaned the drivers in safe mode, on the driver cleaner window click tools--->cab cleaner and clean driver.cab and then clean SP*.cab (Note * is a wild card for the current service pack you have installed)

After that has finished, restart your computer normally then get the latest drivers for your card from the manufacturers website.

This is a common error with some ATI cards/drivers and vista..I would usually recommend you try the "Omega drivers" However, their site seems to be experiencing some problems with the vista drivers page.

Just for my reference, what are your system specs? It would probably be best to put them in your profile.

After doing the above stated please post back and let us know if the issue has been resolved or not, and we will go from there.

my spec is

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
M/B: Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
RAM: Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 XMS2 Dominator Memory Xtreme
Graphic: PowerColor HD 4850 512M
Power: Hiper Type R 580W PSU
HD:Maxtor 250GB + Samsung 2*500GB + Samsung 750GB
Case: Antec P180 case
Monitor: BenQ FP241W 24" + dell UltraSharp 1708FP 17"

-----------------

Will give the above solution a try this weekend
thanks