TechSpot

Vista BSOD's, problems with windows search indexer, Internet Explorer not responding

By WindowsSlayer
Dec 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. For several days I have been having issues with my OS. The first was the following error: Root cause found: unknown bugcheck: f4__Parameters=0x3, 0x88570438, 0x88570584, 0x81e74710. After this I performed several chkdsk runs but I would still have issues with windows search indexer. I rebuilt the indexer to original configuration, but it would ultimately stop working or not boot with windows. I have since set indexer to 'manual' mode. I no longer receive indexer errors, but Internet Explorer will freeze and report 'not responding'. When it freezes, my hard drive is barely functioning, it will make a couple of soft clicks every couple of seconds. This will go on for a long time. This can also occur on startup, where I receive a black screen with a cursor after the BIOS screen clears. I am including my minidump file for you to look over. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated!

I'm running a Dell E521 with Vista Home Premium, 32-Bit. I have 4 Gb Ram, ATI Radeon 4300/4500 video, AMD Athlon x64 Dual Core. Thanks again for your help!

Attached Files:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.