Vista deleting saved wireless network profiles on restart

By markeh21
Feb 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The system I'm working on is a Medion prebuilt running Vista Home Basic (not on any service packs as of yet as I've been too busy trying to fix this problem first). I believe it's a Celeron D on 1GB of RAM but I'm not sure. Recently purchased a Dynamode (I know it uses a Realtek chipset) 11n wireless adapter so it could connect to the net and share its printer to a laptop on the same network. There is a Realtek utility on the system but I've set it to use the Windows networking as I thought this would be easier, so this isn't running on boot.

I can add the wireless network, and it connects fine. I can verify it is in the Manage Wireless Networks section, and it is set to automatically connect when in range. When I restart the PC, the entry disappears from Manage Wireless Networks and the PC does not reconnect. It is set to save and automatically connect when I add the network each time. When it's connected it works fine.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.