Vista HP printer Windows no disk exception process message

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a new Windows Vista PC with a brand new HP C5180 printer. I installed the Vista software as directed. Almost every time we power up the printer we get a window that states WINDOWS NO DISK exception processing message 0xc0000013 parameters. Then it gives options of ignore, retry, continue. Sometimes it prompts to install one of the parts of the software again. We have done that a few times but the problem persists. Any ideas ?

redtrain65 said:
We have a new Windows Vista PC with a brand new HP C5180 printer. I installed the Vista software as directed. Almost every time we power up the printer we get a window that states WINDOWS NO DISK exception processing message 0xc0000013 parameters. Then it gives options of ignore, retry, continue. Sometimes it prompts to install one of the parts of the software again. We have done that a few times but the problem persists. Any ideas ?

I just went into msconfig and started disabling services and found that if I disable Norton Ghost the messages for the printer no longer come up. I use Norton Ghost to backup our C drive... odd, very odd...

You will likely need to remove the printer in Add or Remove Software. Then use a registry editor such as RegClean or TweakUI to remove all old details of the HP C5180, and start over.
I would also check with the HP Site because the Photosmart C5180 has an uninstaller utility dated in May or June of 2007 that deals with a difficult VISTA issue. You might also want to look at the other downloads, if they were issued after the date you purchased the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back