Vista HP running slow with randow popups

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am running Windows Vista HP on a month old Toshiba Satellite laptop. It normally runs fast, but lately it has been going slow. AVG says it found a trojan virus LOP. I try to delete it, but as soon as I restart my computer, the problem is back. Randomly a windows explorer window will open with a website saying I may have a trojan virus and that I should download their anti-virus. The only way I can close these popups is through the task manager.

Can someone please help me? I've been at this for over a week, and I can't get rid of this problem. I seem to have tried everything I can think of or discover, and nothing has helped.

Running the instructions through the above link is a good idea. But for a LOP infection also please do this:

1)Uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
BitRoll
Browser Enhancer
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Lop.com
LOP SEARCH
Messenger Plus
Ultimate Browser Enhance
Window Search
Window Searching
Zone Media

2)Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3)The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall.

4)If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question, else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5)Reboot your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back